Sunday, March 3, 2019

Just Add Ink 446

Welcome back scrappy friends.
A beautiful weekend was had here. A bit wet but thankfully all of my activities & duties were inside. Which of course meant perfect time for crafting also. YAY!

My target this month is to get back into creating more often. I want to enter a couple of challenges this month to get the crafting flowing again, hopefully a bit better than it has lately.. I am very much enjoying the process of late and am having fun finding some inspiration. 
Inspiration was definitely found today with the Just Add Ink challenge.. Seriously, how awesome is this photo! I knew this was one I wanted to enter as soon as I saw it on Friday when it was released.. 




First off I grabbed some white cardstock and embossed for the background. Then using some Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Broken China" I added that blueish colour to the base like the photo. 
Next was to create a "table for the vase of flowers to sit on", so with some modelling paste and a stencil I made that circle / sunray and added some little micro-beads for colour accents. A metal flower represents the "metal vase" and the yellow feather adds the texture wow factor while featuring as the yellow thing hanging across the table. 
In the photo, the big flower that jumped out to me was the beautiful red one, so I made that the biggest of the cluster with some red hessian piece I had in my stash, die cut it and hot glued the button to it. (I have to admit getting this idea from an actual packet of crafting flowers I had bought.) Some more hot glue on to the smaller flowers,  I believe they are Kaiser. 
I have left the tag blank for now so that I can write or add the sentiment for the occasion when I use it. The front was then matted on red cardstock before finishing on the orange cardstock card base.


Thank you for dropping by today. I hope you like the card and am keen to see you back soon. 
Don't forget to drop over to the Just Add Ink blog for more on this challenge and keep updated with their weekly challenges.. 
Toni.. xoxo

Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/

3 comments:

  1. I love all the textures on your card. The star burst modelling paste with micro-beads is a fabulous and unique idea. Chantell Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to get back creating isn't it! I love the textures and colours on this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you captured the textured blue background Toni and then topped it with your vibrant flowers! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete