Monday, March 4, 2019

You are my moon and all my stars

My boys are my wonder.. 
They are my universe.. 
My moon and all of my stars!

This month at Scrap The Boys they are challenging us to use this as our inspiration - 

As soon as I saw this, I knew I wanted to create!
I fumbled around for a while trying to figure out a base / background but just couldn't find the right fit for the inspiration picture which I love!

However a few weeks ago, the boys and I tried out a new art style. We used some spray paints to create some cool efforts.. So I used one of these as the base for this layout.. How cool is it that they contributed to this layout too.. 



You are my moon and all my stars


All I can say is WOW!
This has turned out in real life better than I could have ever imagined!!! 
WOW!


First off I started with a grey cardstock and added some of this art piece the boys and I made and also added a pattern paper off cut scrap piece from my stash that matches in with all the colours. 
Oooo don't forget that strip of washi popping out from underneath the paper at the bottom.. 



Some modelling paste with a mini stencil add some texture and that pop of stars.. I added some clear glitter to that too before it dried, it sparkles - SO PRETTY! 

In my big craft room clean up the other week I found these awesome star die cuts that I had forgot about and knew straight away when I saw this challenge they would be perfect for it. 
I slipped in a purple tag under the photo. My secret to keeping it from falling out is actually a tiny glue dot in the bottom corner of the photo.. It holds it in place so it doesn't fall out when the layout is picked up. 


The chipboard moon pieces were coloured with Faber-Castell Gelato Silver Ice and then watered down a little. 
Silver corner edges on the top and a transparent plastic flower shape at the top under the photo adds yet another texture and element layer.. 

This challenge is running the whole month at the Scrap The Boys challenge blog, so please make sure you drop over to check out the DT creations and get crafty yourself.. I'm so glad I finally got this layout to be even better than I thought it could.. It catches the eye all everywhere and hey, I maybe a little bias as it features Hunter (my moon) and Lane (my stars) but this is probably my favourite and best layout I have done in a long time!!!! 
Toni.. xoxo 

Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/





10 comments:

  1. It's great idea! Really cool! Thanks for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A terrific page and I love that the boys helped create the celestial feel to it. It meets the challenge perfectly. Thank for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your background is absolutely amazing and so creative! What a beautiful page. Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!!
    I want to do it with my sons♡
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout! Thank you for playing along with STB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout! Thank you for playing along with STB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool that you were able to use their artwork in the layout background. I'm pleased to hear this is your current favourite layout. Thanks for sharing at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that background! and the fact that your boys were a part of it!! Thanks for joining our challenge at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us at STB :)

    ReplyDelete