Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Relax

Relax......
HA!!! Right, that is something us Mum's Of Boys simply don't get many moments to do.. lol

Relax......
My boys are crazy and adventurous, always on the move and full entertainment! So it's something that I am constantly trying to get them to do - with great failure of course.. lol 


While getting some inspiration for a new layout I opened up the Sketches In Thyme challenge blog and was blown away by this sketch. It looks perfect for some fun colours and layering options. After doing a couple of layouts featuring myself last night, I knew today I really wanted to feature my boys.. This layout just felt like a boy page as soon as I saw it. 




As my followers know, I love creating my own bases from plain cardstock. Thankfully this sketch was actually asking for some mixed media, so it fell right in my comfort zone.. I started off with some sprays, some paint, then added some modelling paste for texture and finished off with some embossing powders.. 


Using a "just add paper kit" from D-Lish Scraps, I got straight to trying out the different elements for the layering.. Thanks to the clean up of my craft room, I found quite a few other goodies that I was able to use too; like some papers from an old Amy Tangerine 6x6 pad, silver frame & tag. 

This photo was taken a couple days before Christmas during a mini photo shoot my boys let me take while at  Upper Stoney Creek in the Byfield Rainforest. The weather was spectacular and I was so lucky and proud to have captured some truly stunning photos on the day. 


Head on over to the Sketches In Thyme challenge blog.. They have four sketches up to chose from for this month, but there are only a few days left to link up your own entry.. So get your scrap on friends!
Toni.. xoxo

Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Toni! Nice work with the sketch, lovely mix media and the addition of the vellum and twine really caught my eye. Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme.
    hugs,
    Joyce Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout. The inking you did looks amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors of this page, they are very spring and relaxing. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background work and all the layers. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch Toni. Great photo and super background. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme - Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful take on the sketch and LOVE your mixed media! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme! :)

    ReplyDelete