Monday, October 7, 2019

Gems In The Rough


Although I have been super busy crafting lately, I haven't had much chance to enter any challenges.. This month I'm hoping to change that and it starts with this amazing layout sketch from Scrap the Boys challenge blog.. I knew I loved this the moment I saw it. 


Gems In The Rough



A few days ago Lane had asked me why I haven't done many layouts lately, so I took his hints and printed out some photos that we took out at The Gemfields during our holiday.. This was so much fun and we all quite enjoyed the fossicking for Sapphires.. 

Here are some of the photos of the process and close ups of the layout embellishment clusters.. 


To make sure I followed the sketch design and what looks like little splatter bits, I added some mist and stamps to the background. 


Using the Celebr8 - Bold & Brave collection, some Tim Holtx Distress Inks, mini Beads, twine, Dimensional Magic, Smooth misting spray and some metal cogs.. 


Even though I have complained a few times about my nails restricting me being able to poke brads through and lefting double sided tape almost impossible - they made it super easy to scoop up and add these mini beads to the layout clusters perfectly! LOVE!!! 



I really don't like fussy cutting, but it's definitely worth it to get clusters like this. I'm still learning to be comfortable with layers and ephemera, but the 12x12 sheet with cut ables really helps the process..  



Thanks for dropping by today! I loved creating this layout and really hope you've enjoyed checking it out.. Please make sure you head on over to the Scrap the Boys challenge blog and maybe create your own entry too..
Thanks again, Toni.. xoxo



Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/










2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful take on this month's sketch challenge. I love everything about your creative and fun page! Thank you for joining us at Scrap the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch! I adoreall the textural elementsyou have used. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap the Boys this month x

    ReplyDelete