Monday, October 7, 2019

My Sapphires

With encouragements from my beautiful boys Lane and Hunter, I'm aiming to complete some layouts this month and of course it's best to get creating while the mojo is keen with the awesome fresh photos of the boys at The Gemfields during our trip in the school holidays. 

This month at Let's Get Sketchy they have given us not only a sketch to use but also a mood board..
I took a few different effects from the mood board to create this layout including - the colour of the fox and the colours underneath it, the old door, the leaves above the fox too and of course the beads as the pebbles near the bottom left corner. 




MY SAPPHIRES



 This was so much fun and we all quite enjoyed the fossicking for Sapphires.. 

Here are some of the photos of the process and close ups of the layout embellishment clusters..


Using the Celebr8 - Bold & Brave collection, some Tim Holtx Distress Inks, mini Beads, twine, Dimensional Magic, Smooth misting spray and some buttons.. 


I really don't like fussy cutting, but it's definitely worth it to get clusters like this. I'm still learning to be comfortable with layers and ephemera, but the 12x12 sheet with cut ables really helps the process..  


Even though I have complained a few times about my nails restricting me being able to poke brads through and lefting double sided tape almost impossible - they made it super easy to scoop up and add these mini beads to the layout clusters perfectly! LOVE!!! 



hanks for dropping by today! I loved creating this layout and really hope you've enjoyed checking it out.. Please make sure you head on over to the Let's Get Sketchy challenge blog and maybe create your own entry too..
Thanks again, Toni.. xoxo



Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/




3 comments:

  1. Your embellishment clusters are beautiful! I love what you did with this page! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your page and take on the challenge sketch. Your clock cluster looks fantastic and I just love the photos. I'm hearing you about the nails as I have the same issues. I went from double sided tape to liquid glue every chance I could. Thanks so much for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color scheme! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete