Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Lasting Memories 467 - Torn Edges

DT Button

*Welcome back Crafters... This month at the Lasting Memories LO challenge blog we are doing a "Mixed Bag" theme, which means we will basically be throwing all sorts of simple style themes that can be followed by every level of crafters! 
This weeks challenge is to show off some TORN EDGES. 





I knew that this challenge would work best with a photo of Lane.. And recently I had this one printed off of he and I, so thought it was best to use.. I love this photo of us at the movies and it matches with this paper so well.
First off, I started by simply tearing a hole in the middle of the paper and then tearing it outwards in sections to that it isn't a perfect shape.. I wanted it to be as rough and masculine as I could get it.. 
Using the Colour Blast "Aim High" paper collection, Kraft paper and plenty of Celeb8 chipboard that matched, I had so much fun putting this together.. 



Underneath, I matted the photo to kraft paper and to an off cut piece from this collection. You can see where I have fussy cut the cogs of the bottom and slipped the photo underneath it.. 
That was attached to a white cardstock for the base and then the pattern paper was glued on top. I decided to use wet glue instead of double sided tape as I would be able to move it around to make sure I had it all flush with the edges.. 
Using some of the off cut torn pieces and some more kraft paper I decided to add layering on the edges of the photo. This actually turned out way better than I had imagined it and am so glad that I did this extra step as it gives such dimension and effect! 




I purposely chose not to colour of do anything to the chipboard as I wasn't to keep it raw.. I love the look and think it suits masculine pages so well.. Especially teenage boy photos.. 
Last bit was to add the metal embellishments at the top right of the photo.. 

What do you think?

 Thank you very much for joining me today and I'm so excited to be able to share with you all the creations for  the Lasting Memories Design Team! 
I really hope that you will drop by the blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the team members and then get creative to link up your own entry.. There is plenty of options for this challenge theme, we are all capable of tearing a bit of paper.. lol 

Thanks again, Toni.. xoxo



Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/


No comments:

Post a Comment