Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Lasting Memories 463 - recipe

DT Button

LM - #463 - Recipe Challenge - 
1 photo, 2 mats on your photo, 3 or more fussy cut pieces and use elements create a wreath around your photo.
This month we are giving you the recipe for each challenge and asking you to create something amazing.. Use your ingredients, there are no other directions other than have fun!!





ooooh how I loathe fussy cutting.... But hot darn this looks amazing! I'm stocked with how it turned out and beyond cuffed at myself, sitting here in my chair a little higher and smile as big as the keyboard.. lol.. 

Using the Celeb8 "new beginnings" collection, I had so much fun with this.. Yes, I cursed myself for all that time cutting, but cause there are no small fiddly bits it was passable and I love how it as all paid off..  Hopefully it's a DT creation that will inspire you to get crafting using our recipe too!



The photo is one of myself a few months ago.. Nothing special, I just felt a little bit cute, so took a selfie.. hahaha... 

The base photo mat is of Kraft cardstock and the second photo mat is an off cut from this collection also. Then lots and lots of fussy cutting and placing it all "just right" to make sure I created the Wreath effect.. 



As I really wanted to make this look as beautiful and elegant as it deserves I inked all of the edges with a soft "Sand Beige" from Versa.. Then at the end I added a heap of lovely pearl bling dots all over the flowers and stems and finished off with a product I have not used in many years, but think I'm gonna have to remember to start pulling it out more often! Dimension Magic.. :) 


As I was finishing layering the design pieces I had much more on there than what is now.. But I had too much! Yes, there is such thing.. lol
I removed a tag quote from under the bottom left cluster.. I removed a flag quote thing from under the title quote piece and I also removed the Kraft journaling piece as none of these really felt like they belonged on the page.. And the sense of relief and "yep, now it's just right" came over me after I had removed those pieces.. So I want to remind you all to listen to your crafting instincts..
Want to add more - Add more..
Want to take something off - Then do! It's OK! 

What do you think?

 Thank you very much for joining me today and I'm so excited to be able to share with you all the creations for  the Lasting Memories Design Team! 
I really hope that you will drop by the blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the team members and then get creative to link up your own entry.. There is plenty of options for this challenge theme, so let's get crafty with this recipe and show us what you end up with. lol 

Thanks again, Toni.. xoxo



Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/



1 comment: