Thursday, April 25, 2024

Magical Memories - Adventurous

As one of my first steps when receiving a promo pack, is to look around at some of my favourite challenge blogs to see what I can mix together to gain some interest and exposure from places or crafters that it may not have otherwise been known. 

So this months Archi-scraps challenge of "Use Bricks" fit with the pattern paper so perfectly I know it was the first layout I wanted to put together with this Magical Memories collection. 




Although the inspiration used on the Archi-Scraps blog is of a beautiful old classical Court house red brick building from Victoria, I changed it up to use this fun teal brick colour that the collection is based on. 
I did keep the red brick under tones though by having the Kraft cardstock base and spraying it heavily with the white mist. 
I added extra brick elements with a white paint pen and black fine line marker using a stencil too. 







The process photos above show each step one by one. A simple designed layout that any level scrapper can do and add to as well. 
 
Below are the minimal embellishments I added. I wanted to keep it design focused instead of clusters covering the layout. 

I started this with using foam tape under the book style large piece in the middle, however sewing down the middle for that solid 3D effect.  

pattern paper - Magical Memories #1

The added the photos mats, which were gutted from the base kraft piece. Put on 4x4" white cardstock for the photos to sit on and then stuck down the die-cut leaves. 

That fun "adventurous" chipboard title has been inked with Moonlight White Archival ink pad to flow with the white highlights and spray. 






Let me know what you think! 
Thanks for your time, Happy Scrapping.. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful Toni. I must investigate this range of papers. We appreciate you entering and any colour bricks is fine.

    ReplyDelete