Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Lasting Memories 454 - Red White & Blue

DT Button

Our theme for July is 'Patriotism'... So all of our challenges are set to celebrate our countries in some form..
As the USA have just celebrated July 4th - Independence Day, we are asking for a RED, WHITE & BLUE themed layout..
As I'm an Aussie, we don't celebrate this day, so I decided to do a Red, White & Blue based layout featuring a school theme for my DT make..





Welcome back Crafters.. I have been in crafting overload lately and have been loving the mojo spilling out! I haven't been able to share the creations just yet, but am keen to very soon..
First on the list is this DT make for Lasting Memories. As we don't celebrate Independence Day here in Australia, I chose to make a layout based on the Red, White & Blue theme instead.. I used the old Kaiser "School Days" collection to feature an adorable photo of Hunter receiving an award at school last month..




I started off with the red base and lightly swiped some white gesso at the top and bottom just o highlight the separation between the coloured pattern papers..
I have only torn the bottom, to add that extra bit of texture but only subtly..

My favourite part of this layout is definitely the little word descriptions.. These were cut off another pattern paper in the collection. I matted on some blue cardstock that matched the blue background paper. The super cute tags are also matted and then slid under the definitions.. 

No photo description available.


To add some elements and embellishments, I used a small background numbers stamp, word tags popped up with 3D tape and some twine.. Quite a simple layout, but with the right papers it has just enough in it to keep the eye entertained and engaged.. 

What do you think?

 Thank you very much for joining me today and I'm so excited to be able to share with you all the creations for my first month back joining the Lasting Memories Design Team! 
I really hope that you will drop by the blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the team members and then get creative to link up your own entry.. There is plenty of options for this challenge theme, we all have some  ****** laying around somewhere.. lol 

Thanks again, Toni.. xoxo



Scrap Crazy @ Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/scrapcrazy.customcreations/

No comments:

Post a Comment