Sunday, June 14, 2015

18th Birthday Coco Chanel cards

Recently I had an order for some custom cards.. The beautiful birthday girl was having a Coco Chanel pink/white/black cake for her birthday, so her Mum asked if I would mind creating some cards for her on behalf of the siblings.. 

This was very exciting for me as. I have been wanting to learn for quite some time how to make a Handbag Card... And seriously, what could be better than that style while channeling Coco Chanel! :) 

The card isn't much to look at from the outside.. It has a faux crocodile pink leather cover held down by magnets and the stunning bling from Memory Maze as the feature embellishment.. 

However, the inside of the card had me playing with all sorts of goodies.. 


The base is plain Black cardstock.. The pattern paper is a VERY old piece, I use to have dozens of this particular paper, but this was the final piece.. 

White cardstock to break up the design.. Diecut lady and cats at the bottom.. Some gems.. The washi in the middle was again channeling some Cooc Chanel.. lol.. 
The chipboard numbers in huge middle have been heat embossed.. 


The second card was from her younger brothers, they affectionately call her "Sissy".. 
 
The original design of card that the mother had loved and ordered was this one.. So I needed to make sure that even though I got to try something new with the Handbag Card, I still wanted to give one this style also.. 

Again, still sticking with the Coco Chanel theme this card is quite girly girl.. Plenty of bling, flowers, butterflies and beautiful patterns.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment