Thursday, November 6, 2014

Scrap the Girls - November

G'day friends and family.. I'm happy to be back with you tonight in blog land..
Today I was quite busy making some swaps (that I'll share with you another time) and this great layout featuring a stunning photo of my gorgeous Cousin, Jackie..
 
 
I made this layout to enter into the Scrap The Girls challenge blog, November sketch challenge..
 
Although my desk is cleaned and tidied after each project, I thought I'd quickly share with you a "work in progress" photo.. lol..
The photo above is a good one to display that I've actually used a 6x8 photo under the 5x7 photo on top..
Righto, so I finally got some new photos printed and this is one that I have been wanting for awhile.. I knew this photo was going to get the mojo flowing, but then I had the problem of no paper doing this layout justice... I DON'T ever use my Fairy papers, but for this one, I just knew that they would be the only one's able to make this photo as glamorous as it deserves..
 
 
 I have stuck as close to the sketch as I possibly could, by placing the flower in the bottom photo corner, adding these flags, keeping the title in the bottom left corner of photo, the embellishments on the top corner of the photo and by making sure the paper under the photo was cropped in..
However I did add some extra embellishments to truly make this photo and layout POP off the page and put my own spin on the challenge..
I titled this layout "Jack" as that is the nickname that I've called her since she was quite little..  :)
Thanks for letting me share this layout.. I'm totally in love with it and am so glad that I released the reigns on my pretties and actually used these papers.. It turned out better than what I had pictured in my head!  :)


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, loving the colours..thanks for joining us at scrap the girls..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pearls!!! Stunning layout!!! Thanks for playing along with STG's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So pretty! The pearls look amazing! Thanks for sharing your page at STG this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous page, looks awesome. Thanks for playing along at STGs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so gorgeous thanks for playing along with us at STG

    ReplyDelete