Saturday, October 18, 2014

Once Upon a Sketch - October

I've finally finished a layout I started last weekend... This one is using a brand new just released Memory Maze chipboard frame, featuring a 11yr old photo of my Mum and my oldest son when he was barely weeks old..
 
I made this layout based on a beautiful sketch from the Once Upon A Sketch Blog..



Love
 
 
 I decided to play around a bit with the base and create something soft and textured..

 
Close up of some embellishments..
Even though the base is a beautiful pink, I have used the chipboard frame as a layer between the Blue/Green and Red embellishments to really highlight each element to make them pop.. 
 
 
Here is a beautiful poem I have for the journaling on the front of the page..
On the back of the layout I have actually wrote about how grateful I am that my Mum and my boys have such a close bond.. In their eyes their Grandma is the centre of the universe and how special she is... (The journaling challenge this month is the Special Woman/Girls in our lives)
*Honestly it's quite personal journaling on the back of the layout, so don't wish to share it all.. Hope that is ok.. 

 
Close up of the photo..
The chipboard frame has been painted black then sealed with Glossy Accents.. 
 
Thank you for allowing me to share this layout with you.. I had loads of fun making it..
Although I have created my own base, I made sure that the Photo, Journaling, Title, Stamping and the Embellishments are in the right position following the sketch.. :)
 
 


1 comment:

  1. This is such a GORGEOUS photo & you have scrapped it to perfection - I really love your journaling....& those hexagons are amazing!! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS this month:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete