Monday, November 11, 2019

Dream - black & white

Welcome back crafting friends.. This weekend my community is experiencing some pretty bad bush fires. Alot of structures including homes and hundreds of properties have been destroyed. We are only a small coastal town, so this is going to affect us for a long time to come. It isn't over yet - we are on day 3 and the fires are just as bad but now it's also effecting the whole town! The wind has changed direction and the smoke is now blanketing the entire town. It's eerie and quite concerning.. 

But to make the most of this time while on Fire watch, I have been taking advantage at my craft desk.. I have made several layouts and would love to share the first one with you. It will be my entry into the White with One challenge blog this month - White with Black, plus being encouraged to add some texture or elements.. 

     NOVEMBER moodboard

dream


Just to get an idea how the smoke here atm, this paper is WHITE!!! The photo makes it looks almost yellow though because of the smoke... 

Anyway, I really enjoyed making this layout.. I added the quick and small boarder by cutting half an inch off each side of the layout and sticking to the black cardstock.. Yes, I know that I could have just cut a inch off two sides and it would have been fine, but I actually didn't do this until last, so had to do all four sides.. haha.. I couldn't make my mind up whether I wanted the black boarder or not.. lol


The requirements of adding some extra elements or texture made this page fun! I wanted to throw everything at it, so I did. BUT VERY MINIMAL for each! A little bit of each stamp, a little bit each paper, a little bit of modelling paste, a little bit of misting spray... 

The papers are from an older Kaiser collection - Black and White Timeless.. It suited this layout perfectly with the inspiration we have been challenged too.. 


I decided to add that little extra detail of distressing the edges of everything too plus adding some pen marks around the white paper base.. I love how this layout turned out, it's quite timeless.. 


Don't forget to drop on over to the White with One challenge blog and enter your own layout this month! 



Keep up to date on my facebook page - Scrap Crazy Custom Creations
Toni.. xoxo 











1 comment:

  1. What a lovely page Toni, thank you for taking time to join in with us on With with 1. All the very best during this very stressful and dangerous time. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete