Thursday, October 18, 2018

Sparkle

It's been 2 years since I scrapped for myself. It has been an interesting experience being back in my craft room. I have decided to take it easy and focus on "my style" of scrapping and not go too far out of my comfort zone just yet. I have found the last few days so satisfying and such joy as I look at each finished project and just love it!! 

The first one that I would like to share with you is based on a challenge for the  Sketches In Thyme #343 layout. 

Sparkle



I loved this sketch as soon as I saw it. I knew immediately I wanted to use a big photo with fun colours, it was taken only last month on my 32nd birthday at a local Rodeo. 


First I started with that half clock. I switched it to the left side instead of the right as it is in the sketch. As per their rules, you can do that as long as it is recognisable. 
The 8x10" pink matt in the middle and actually some scrap pieces of torn cream for the top and bottom. I struck lucky with those! :) 

The bling and flowers fill the spots for the embellishments. 

The base was created with a true White mist spray and a copper brown mist also. This then lead me to use a Copper ink for the inking of the distressed edges. 
Finally, I used the off cut of the paper that I cut the clock from and slide it under the photo to help it pop a bit more.. 

Thank you for joining me today. I look forward to sharing more projects with you soon. 

Don't forget to check out the awesome challenges over at the Sketches in Thyme blog. 

Happy Scrapping, Toni.. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful page for your BOM! Thank you for using our sketch. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

    ReplyDelete