Monday, February 29, 2016

Archi-Scraps February challenge

Good afternoon crafters.. :)
I am back today with a fun layout supporting a blog that is only fairly new to me, but have had a good look through and believe that I will be back as often as I can to join in their challenges..
Being a Memory Maze DT member we were informed that MM will be sponsoring the Archi-Scraps challenges soon and so I thought I'd check it out.. While I was there I feel in love with an idea for their current challenge.. Unfortunately it closes today, however I'd still love you to drop by their blog and maybe keep an eye out for upcoming challenge themes..

Anyway, this month they posted this stunning photo of the Sydney Post Office (which is Heritage listed), for the inspiration and have asked for crafters to use a CLOCK on their creation piece..

 
 

Slow down the clock

 
 

 
Here is the layout that I have created using the structural design of the building as my main inspiration..
On the building there are 3 main levels, therefore there are three rows of the squares.. These squares also represent all the windows..
Next are the two squares that are corrugated, the add the texture to the page and the texture from the building also..
As you can see I have used a Memory Maze chipboard piece for the required Clock feature.. I have coloured it with embossing powder to match the blue that the clock is in the photo..
 
Finally, my last bit of trying to tie this layout to that inspirational building was my journaling -
Hunter, my darling little man. How quickly the clock ticks when everyday is filled with your fun, crazy and boisterous nature. You're a genuine character! You have style that never goes out of fashion with your love of being included in everything! Here you are after completing your first ever 1km Beach race. You did great for a 5yr old. 6:31:00. You want to grow up so fast, buy I'm trying to slow the clock down!

*quickly the clock ticks - refers to the long time that the building has been around.
*genuine character - refers to the memories this building shares with Sydney.
*style that never goes out of fashion - well, no words needed. Look how beautiful the building is!!

*grow up so fast, slow the clock down - refers to the buildings around this one and it's heritage listing.

 
Righto, well that's it for me today.. I hope you enjoyed my fun layout.. I really enjoyed making this one! Would love for you to drop by the Memory Maze blog or the Archi-Scraps blog sometime soon to see what we are sponsoring! Until next time, happy scrapping.. Toni.. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow so much thought has gone into your layout and I am so happy you have shared it with us at Archiscaps. Love your title and journalling and how you built your layout from the building very clever
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that MM clock is FAB, and your treatment of it makes it a real standout! I really enjoyed how thoughtfully you analyzed the inspiration piece & made your design decisions accordingly. So happy you joined us at AS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've put lots of thought into this layout and our challenge Toni. I love your take on it.Many thanks for entering at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, nice to see you joining in the fun at Archiscraps. Love this layout well worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing and you have put a lot of thought into it as well.. thanks for joining in with Archiscraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni you are our winner. I have contacted you on facebook or you can email me julenem54atbigpond.com

    ReplyDelete