Sunday, January 17, 2016

Scrapping Everyday Miracles - January

 
Good evening scrappers.. Tonight I'm back with a lovely Beachy layout featuring Hunter and a nice card to match..
 
This month at the Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge blog they have their 3 challenge themes.. Layout Sketch, Card Sketch & Bible Verse.. I chose to use the two sketches, as we all know how much I love a good sketch!! :)
 
Beach Boy
 
 
 
I started off with an off white cardstock for the base.. Then spread some white gesso around and let it dry.. Put a multi stencil over it and covered with clear impasto, but I sprayed with several different types of Mist.. Off I pulled it off I dabbed all the colour with a tissue to soften it.. Finally I respread some gesso again.. In real life this gives the base a great texturing layer effect..
 
 
The cluster I have used is actually made up of entirely single flowers!! So there are 12 flowers, 1 clay thong, 4 shells, 4 leaves, bling swirl and the die-cut sticker that matches the paper collection..
 
 
I added some extras to the sketch to make it suit my own purpose more.. This circle is to hide a shadow in that corner of the photo, and the sentiment strip is to all some sort of visible wording to the layout.. There is space for a Journal tag under the circle..
 
 
Friendship
 
Since I have kept to matching and using the same collection papers for the last few times I've entered creations onto the SEM blog, I figured I'd continue on.. Plus these papers who awesome with the sketch and it's a great way to use up the scrap I've not got left over from the layout!! :)
 
 
 
 
 
So to keep it tying with the layout I used the same background paper (see the far strip on the left side of the layout).. The same flowers, shells and hand scribbled lines on boarder.. To bring in the red from the layout, I actually scribbled a little bit on the pickets outline..
 
Righto, that's it from me tonight, thank you for allowing me to share my layout and card with you.. I hope you've found some sort of enjoyment or inspiration from them! I would love to see your own creation linked up to the SEM blog too!! Until next time, happy scrapping.. Toni.. xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. These are both beautifully done!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your card and layout are awesome! Love the mixed media elements, and the beachhead feel is lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this month for the SEM Challenge! DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable layout and card! So glad you decided to work both our sketches this month! Love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout AND your card Toni! I especially love all the fun details on your layout...it's awesome!! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete