Sunday, October 4, 2015

Magnetic Bookmarks

Magnetic Bookmarks




As both my Dad and I are huge readers, I really wanted to make something special for him for his upcoming birthday this month. He also very much enjoys Fishing, so I thought I would put that theme onto the bookmark. I used some very neutral colours for the base, but really brighten up the project by using colours on the chipboard fishing rod, hook and the fish. 




The Fishing Rod has been coloured with a Red Cheery Gelato, the Hook was painted Silver with the Ranger Alcohol Ink and the Fish has been coloured with a Smooch Spritz mist three ways to look marbled. The finishing touch to the Fish is some Crackle Paint for a scaly look and the Rod has Dimensional Magic on it, so the colouring can't rub off onto the book when in use..



The Butterflies on the bookmark that I made for myself have all been coloured with Gelatos - Red Cherry, Margarita, Metallic Mint -  then finished off with Dimensional Magic and some Distress Glitter. 
The base actually has some very pretty impasto flowers on it, via a Memory Maze stencil..
The black cotton has been wrapped around the base so that the colours of the Gelatos would really pop..






Back of the bookmarks.. 




Memory Maze products used; 

No comments:

Post a Comment