Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fairy Acetate Exploding Box

I'm here today to share with you a project inspired by a fantastic creation I found via Pinterest..  -- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/288652657345273814/   It is a stunning Acetate Exploding box with a Christmas theme.. 

Well as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to have a go!! I'm not quite into the Christmas themed projects just yet myself (soon though I'm sure). So I decided to make this creation FOR ME! I pulled out my Fairy papers and had a blast! 


The papers are from an old Kaiser collection.. (I know there is a brand spanking new Fairy collection coming out in a couple of weeks from Kaiser, I'm so ridiculously excited!!!!! lol..) 

Anyway, I went into my room and looked through my own collection of hundreds of Fairies to find just the right one to fit and suit this box.. I love this September Fairy (my birthday is mid-September) and it works perfectly for this project.. 


Unlike normal Exploding boxes, I have not layered the outer panels.. Instead the sides are only single sheeted..  Due to the Acetate being clear, I'm able to position the Fairy and to create a little background for her to sit in front of.. 
This was my very first Exploding box style card that I had made and I had so much fun with it!! I have since made a special one for Hunter that will be a part of my upcoming Memory Maze DT post release.. So make sure you check back for that! :) 




8




I would love for you to join me over on my facebook crafting page..
It is definitely the best place to keep updated with my creations, mostly in real time..



No comments:

Post a Comment