Monday, April 27, 2015

Lasting Memories GUEST DT for May

Hey hey.. Guess who's back for this entire month at Lasting Memories! 
I'm so excited to be sharing some lovely and fun layouts with you all again.. 

First one this month is GRATITUDE.. 

  LMCB # 239 - "GRATITUDE" - 
Someone or something you have Gratitude for.

Such a lovely sentiment and feeling.. I wanted to make a page that would feature my boys photo without over powering it.. I wanted WHITE SPACE but not too much.. I wanted SIMPLE so the focus would be on the photo and not all the embellishments or textures on the page.. Soooo, with that in mind I came up with this -- 


What I'm thankful for and grateful for is my boys.. I'm very lucky that they picked me to be their mummy.. :) 

There are many moments that I know I won't be in the running for Mother of the Year awards, but I try very hard to be the best Mummy I can be FOR THEM! 

Lane and Hunter are pretty much as complete opposites as possible with their Personality.. 
Lane is very soft, shy and can be quite considerate.. 
Hunter is loud, obnoxious and doesn't care if he runs into you on his bike.. Infact, he thinks it's funny and will do it several times until being put into the Time Out spot.. lol
However, they both share is LOVE!  Oh, and they are both MINE! :) 

Lane is bit of a gentle hugger, but as you can see it's serious business with Hunter.. He'll squeeze you until you run out of breath.. lol.. 

My entire page was made up with simplicity and photo focus in mind as I mentioned before.. 
To achieve this I used only white cardstock and one Kaiser collection.. Mister Fox..
Some ribbon from this Michaels tag that a friend sent me over from the USA last year and this beautiful stencil was captured with plain Impasto paste.. I love how it goes see through when dry but the dimension and texture is still there.. :) 


Close up of the paper, tags and stencil used.. 


I would love and be very thankful  if you all dropped over to the Lasting Memories challenge blog and linked up your own entry.. Don't forget that the weekly challenges are open all month long.. And the DT there are amazing! Their inspirational pages will for sure get you into a crafting mood.. 

http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/lm-239-gratitude-may-challenges-life.html

Thanks again for joining me.. Toni.. :) 


2 comments:

  1. Super cute layout:) Love the backdrop for the pictures. Thanks for playing along with us this month :)
    Tina DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun page Toni! Love how your put together the background. Its nice to see you scrapping again. Claire, LMDT

    ReplyDelete