Friday, November 21, 2014

Just Add Ink - 241

Like I do on most Friday mornings before I even get out of bed, I grab my phone and jump online to check out the latest challenge released on the Just Add Ink challenge blog..
 
Today #241-  they have a sketch.. It's actually quite a CNS sketch focused a bit more to suit a card than a layout, but the moment I saw it I knew I wanted to have a go with it..
 
 
 
I used a precious photo of my cousins little girl Brooke to feature on this layout..
 
 
 
As you can see, I was able to keep all the essence that is what makes this layout to the challenge sketch..
The base, the three vertical blocks, the horizontal block and the sentiment is in the right place also..  

I have however added some embellishments of my own to turn this beautiful simple sketch into something that suits the scale and requirements of a layout..
 
 
 

 
I'm actually very keen to create a card or two with this sketch too..
So when I get around to it, I'll add here to the bottom of this post.. So please do come and check back later for them!! Thanks, Toni..



4 comments:

  1. Toni, this is a GORGEOUS layout!! I love that you check our challenges on Friday mornings, and am super-impressed with how quickly you put together this beautiful page. Love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful layout Toni! So many lovely details and what a cherub..:0) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni I love your adaption of the sketch to a scrap page - and such a beautiful one! The embellishments you added to frame that sweet photo are delightful. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning layout Toni. I love everything about it, and not being a scrapper myself I think you're very clever to adapt the sketch. Love that you check the new JAI challenges each Friday morning too :)

    ReplyDelete